IEEE Senior Member
Electro-optic Circuit Design, Precision Analog Control and Monitoring Circuit Design, Controlled Impedance PCB Design and Layout, Undersea Systems, Graphene, Nanotechnology
Summit, NJ 07902
Jay is a professional with more than thirty years of experience in research, development, system design & integration, production, and test of commercial and high-reliability electro-optic systems, along with expertise in constructing proof-of-concept prototypes to support technical, business, and customer objectives. He provides electrical design, R&D, modeling, and prototyping consulting services for applications including fiber-optic communications, optical networking, sensors, power converters, and undersea systems.
Skills and Services
- Trade-off studies with technical and financial optimization objectives.
- Support business model and fund raising activities.
- System architecture design.
- Mathematical modeling and analysis with Mathematica.
- Design to reliability requirements.
- Background in nanotechnology, graphene, and semiconductor devices.
- Circuit design with analog, high-speed digital, fiber optics, discrete devices, RF and microwave devices, and interfaces to FPDAs, DSPs, and processors.
- Component surveys and selection.
- Schematic capture and SPICE simulation.
- Layout prototype boards and simple R&D semiconductors masks.
- High level assembly of prototypes into modules or systems.
- Test and evaluate electrical, thermal, and functional operation.
- Write detailed test and analysis reports.
His company, p-brane LLC, is a small business incorporated in NJ since 2006, and is registered on sam.gov, fastlane.nfs.gov, nspires.nasaprs.com (NSPIRES), sbir.gov, and D&B with the NAICS classification: 541690 Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- Co-founder, Red Sky Systems, undersea terminal equipment and an undersea optical amplifier design
- Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Lucent Technologies, optical networking hardware design
- Principal Technical Staff Member, AT&T bell laboratories, undersea telecommunication equipment design
- BSME and MSEE, University of Arizona
- Certificate in Nanoscale Material Science, Stanford Center for Professional Development
Fiber Optics, Analog, PCB, Optical Networking, Photodetector, Lasers, RF, R&D, Nanotechnology, Graphene, Silicon Photonics, MOSFET, Transistors, Semiconductors, Sensors, Undersea Systems, Power Converters, Arduino, OrCAD, Allegro, PSpice, LTspice, SIMetrix, Mathematica, Linux