Seminar/Webinar: Operating as a Professional Consultant: Practical Tools and Tips
Register here. The presentation will be available as a seminar for in-person attendance, as well as a live webinar.
Consultants want to be successful. In many cases, a professional image is a prerequisite for success. Unfortunately, many consultants struggle, without knowledge of how to be a professional and how to project a professional image. This is an especially important issue for smaller consulting firms and individual consultants, and can be a distinguishing characteristic.
This seminar will be given by Christine Silver and Duane Strong. They will provide guidelines for Best Practices for Professional Consultants. Note this will be a modified talk from the one given in November, 2009, based on the White Paper by John Gale and Duane Strong.
Who should attend:
- Individual consultants
- Consultants serving as sub-contractors
- Consultants hiring other consultants
- Professionals new to consulting
- Thinking of becoming a consultant
What you will learn:
- The top ten traits of a professional and assess where you need improvement
- How to communicate like a professional
- How to attract clients by projecting a professional image
- How to keep clients by being professional on the job
- Tips to help you run your business more professionally
What you will take away:
- A good detailed understanding of what is entailed in operating as a professional consultant
- A list of things you can do to expand your consulting business
- Presentation slide handouts
- White paper: The Professional Consultant
About the speaker, Christine Silver, Silver Business Solutions, Duane Strong, Strong Engineering, LLC
Christine Silver is a management consultant with a background in Human Resources and training. Her training and coaching expertise covers the following skill areas: conflict resolution, leadership development, effective communication, team development, and interview and candidate selection. Her experience as a one-on-one coach has helped managers in their performance management efforts.
Christine has a bachelor’s degree in Child Development from San Jose State University and a certificate in Human Resource Management from University of California, Santa Cruz. She completed her coach training with The Coaches Training Institute (www.thecoaches.com) in 2009 and graduated from their intensive ten month Leadership program in October, 2010.
Duane Strong is a Certified Software Development Professional with expertise in embedded systems, software architecture, object-oriented design, hardware/software integration, UML, device drivers, and experience with ARM, TI DaVinci, Intel x86, Freescale Power PC/ColdFire, Microchip PIC and Atmel AVR devices.
Duane is an IEEE Senior Member and has been an IEEE-CNSV Board member since 2008.
Location: Cogswell Polytechnic College
1175 Bordeaux Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
View Map & Directions