Effective Communication Tools for Consultants, Engineers and Technical Professionals
Imagine what it would be like to be as effective and successful with your interpersonal communication as you are with your technology! In this talk, CNSV member Steven Cerri will discuss what would it be like to communicate effectively instead of:
- Having difficulty explaining your technology or your ideas to your customers and colleagues
- Being unable to ask for more business or an increase in salary or an extension to a contract
- Missing contract opportunities or great job opportunities because you don’t know how best to approach a subject
- Being unable to control your meetings or contribute effectively to the meetings you attend
Steven will also cover the following topics:
- What to focus on when you want to influence a client or colleague
- How do you know when a client is ready to hear and understand what you want to say?
- Two models you can use to understand how people communicate
- Why human communication can be predictable and controlled
- Two of the major pitfalls engineers and technical professionals commit in trying to influence those around them
- What is effective communication?
As an added bonus, there will be a drawing at the end of Steven’s talk for one hour of free coaching on any topic.
In addition, click here to get Steven’s free E-book Ten Rules! Avoid the Pitfalls in Your Career Advancement While Making the Right Moves from Engineer to Leader.
About the speaker, Steven Cerri, STCerri International
Steven Cerri is the founder of STCerri International, a firm specializing in transforming engineers, scientists and technologists into great communicators. He is a facilitator, consultant and coach to national and international technology companies and individuals. He is also an adjunct professor in the Technology Management department at the University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, and has conducted trainings domestically and in Asia and Europe.
Steven is contributing author of the IEEE book The Balanced Engineer, Essential Ideas for Career Development. He is a contributing consultant and speaker on the PBS production Taking the Lead: The Management Revolution, a 26-episode management curriculum currently airing on PBS and on 42 US college campuses. He
has presented papers at national IEEE conferences titled Transitioning from Engineer to Manager and Effective Communication Skills for Engineers.
Steven has a BS in Aeronautical Engineering, an MS in Geophysics and an MBA. He has been a program and product manager, Director and Vice President of Engineering and Director of corporate training. He has worked in both commercial and DoD environments in the aerospace, software and printer industries.
Location: KeyPoint Credit Union
2805 Bowers Ave., Santa Clara, CA 95051
View Map & Directions