Some Tips For Updating Your LinkedIn and CNSV Profile
Posted Thursday, Jul 23, 2015 by Sean Murphy
I read a great article on “LinkedIn Makeover: How to Polish Your Profile” that offered a number of practical suggestions that are not only applicable to a LinkedIn profile but also a CNSV profile:
- Always use a profile picture.
- Make sure the image is in focus and is cropped closely enough to show your face clearly.
- Consider a context that’s relevant your profession when choosing the setting and background.
- Investing in a professional portrait may go a long way to making a favorable first impression.
- Customize your headline to encourage people to click through to your profile.
- Consider what sets you apart from others in similar roles.
- Inject personality into your headline.
Profile URL (LinkedIn only)
- If you haven’t customized your URL, it will likely include a string of random letters and numbers.
- Ideally, you want your URL to include your first and last name or company name
- Inject personality into your summary.
- Avoid littering your summary with overused buzzwords.
- Consider adding words and phrases that hiring managers or potential clients might use to search for someone like you.
- Choose important keywords carefully, and reuse them.
- Details matter: Be consistent in your use of punctuation, tenses and graphical elements.
- Add data points that showcase the value you bring to companies, such as the amount of money you saved your employer or a client.
I have tried to apply these to my LinkdedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/skmurphy