IEEE Senior Member
Expert Witness; embedded systems hardware, firmware, and software; USB; Bluetooth.
Berkeley, CA 94710
Expert witness in technology IP/Patents involving USB, Smart Phones, Bluetooth.
15 Years President of Bramson Welch & Associates, Inc. an engineering services consultancy specializing in embedded systems, USB, smart phone accessories, Bluetooth, and medical devices.
1. Invented a scheme for thread-safe memory and buffer pool management without the use of synchronization locks or disabled interrupts (patent pending)
2. Led team to create a hand-held Bluetooth Low Energy, battery powered medical device with multiple sensors for use in hospital and clinical settings (patent pending)
3. Designed a scheme for high-speed bus communication and process coordination between standard microcontrollers with mitigation for matching different data rates
4. Designed and developed several novel portable wireless, battery-powered data capture devices for medical research. This included a Bluetooth Low Energy radio, NFC, microcontroller, Analog Front End, and Smart Phone and PC support software.
5. Created an FPGA-based mixed signal interface with 250 MSPS A/D conversion.
31 Years Vice President of InnoSys/Keyspan. Consulting in banking, telecommunications, travel industry. Product lines included USB adapters, protocol converters, other communications systems.
1. For Microsoft, developed an iPhone adapter cable for the MS Sync Media Player Device.
2. Keyspan Products
- A Network-attached USB Host Controller that allows USB devices to be shared over a network
- A wireless LCD remote control for the iPod with an RF Doc.
- Best-in-industry line of USB/Serial adapters