RF / Analog / Mixed-Signal Electronics - PCB ; Analog Integrated Circuits.
Radio Frequency: SDR, custom radios, Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE), Wi-Fi, RFID/NFC, LoRa, etc.
San Jose, CA 95119
Principal Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF Design Consultant (IC & PCB/Hardware)
- Analog & Mixed-Signal IC design. (concept to production).
- RF & PCB systems: (concept to production)
- Architecture, Analysis, Design, Simulation, Schematic Entry, Design / Component specifications, Review, Layout, Review(s), Testing, Compliance, etc.
25+ years of engineering experience covering:
Analog & Mixed-Signal IC design:
- Communication Channels for Physical Layer electronics:
- RFID / NFC, Radios, Hard Disk Drive, DVD, Ethernet, SERDES.
- Low Power Design. NanoAmpere, Sub-Threshold biased design.
- Timing: Oscillators (L/C, Ring, Crystals, Ceramic Resonators), PLL, clock tree, etc.
- Standard Products: Data Converters (ADC/DAC), Amplifiers (PGA), Filters, Clocks, etc.
RF/Wireless Architecture & IoT Printed Circuit Boards:
- Systems: PCB design, debug, and customer support.
- Radio and Software Defined Radio (SDR). Architecture, design, etc.
- Guide and/or review PCB layouts and stackup. FLEX material for transmission line.
- IC selection. Component selection (RF connectors, cable, etc.)
- characterization (RL, SWR) of antenna, filters, and other components (S11, S21)
- Wi-Fi (WiFi), Blue Tooth Low Energy (BTLE), RFID, NFC, and proprietary radios.
- Radio Frequency Bands: NFC, VHF, UHF, S-Band, C-Band , X-Band, > 10 GHz, etc.
- ISM Bands: 13.56 MHz, 902-928 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz, etc.
- RF Link Budgeting.
- Internet of Things. Consumer appliances; Industrial applications. Control systems.
- Temperature and other Sensors. Data Acquisition and interfaces.
FCC / Government certification & compliance:
- Lab Equipment to test, verify, and debug designs for Analog & RF systems. (Inquire.)
- Spectrum Analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer, Noise Figure Meter, Power Meter, Oscilloscope, DVM, etc.
- FCC pre-scan, compliance testing. EMI/EMC debug.
- Emissions, Harmonics, Frequency stability, Interference.
- FCC licensure:
- General Radio Operator License (G.R.O.L.) with Radar Endorsement.
- Amateur Extra license.