IEEE Senior Member
Consultant and expert witness in patents/IP, medical devices, MEMS, transducers, and microelectronics.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Dr. Daft is an Oxford Educated scientist with 29 years of professional practice and 3 years of university teaching. His consulting is focused in these areas:
- Imaging, especially Medical Imaging
- Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)
- Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- FDA approval of medical devices
- Signal Processing
- Design for Six-Sigma (DFSS)
- Biometric security
- Surgical Tissue Ablation
- Parallel Computing
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Guidance
- Wearables and Hearables
Dr. Chris Daft provides litigation support primarily in Intellectual Property and Medical Devices. His case experience covers the technologies of wearables (medical and consumer), surgical devices, imaging systems, biometric security and hearing aids. He has also assisted in malpractice and product liability actions involving medical devices.
He has been deposed in ITC section 337 and PTAB proceedings, and has testified at trial.
Dr. Daft is an Oxford Educated scientist with 29 years of professional practice and 3 years of university teaching.
- Extensive Intellectual Property experience including patent development, analysis, licensing, and strategy.
- Serial inventor who holds 24 U.S. Patents with several pending.
- Diverse industry experience with multi-nationals such as GE, FUJIFILM, Qualcomm, Medtronic, Samsung and Siemens as well as numerous start-ups.
- Completed 98 hours of SEAK Expert Witness Training Courses.
- Well published.
- Winner of grants from the National Institutes of Health and DARPA.
- Extensive international consulting experience.
- IEEE Senior Member since 2004.
- Three years’ experience teaching electrical and computer engineering.
- Holds BA and MA in Physics from Oxford as well as Doctorate (D. Phil.) from Oxford in Materials Science.
Chris was CNSV Secretary in 2018-2019 and an At-Large Director in 2017.