Speech recognition, NLP, Japanese language, in-vehicle info systems, automotive UX, driver vehicle interaction
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Ben Reaves has done Speech and language processing in Japan and US since 1985, from hands-on software development to Engineering Management of international teams in India, Israel, Netherlands, Mexico, Japan, Korea. Ben’s experience includes:
- Director of AI at Metabob: NLP for automatic generation of explanations of problems detected in python code;
- Research and Development at Ellipsis Health: HIPAA-compliant AI behind telehealth system to aid in detection of clinical depression;
- Toyota ITC USA: Prototypes of in-vehicle speech interfaces, and see how drivers use them! Presented to Akio Toyoda.
- Nuance Communications: Java interface to core speech recognizer increased uptake of Nuance’s systems in applications beyond IVR. Successful IPO.
- ATR and Panasonic in Japan: Speech recognition, automatic realtime translation between Japanese, German, Korean, Italian, English.