Seminar: A New Ballgame – Profiting from the 2018 Tax Reform Law and Recent Supreme Court Rulings
The new tax law can have a profound effect on how a consulting business is treated by the IRS. This lively and entertaining seminar is designed to help self-employed business consultants legally reduce their taxes significantly. The strategies and topics discussed will include:
- The new 20% 199A deductions
- Supreme Court rulings affecting Independent Contractors, including the Dynamex case
- Qualifying home office deductions, even if you spend most of your work time at a business office
- Commute expenses
- Maximizing automobile deductions (including luxury autos)
- Easy documentation strategies
- Business purchase of computers, furniture, etc.
- Entertainment deduction strategies
- Medical reimbursement plans including the 105 Medical Plan, and your family’s medical expenses
- Audit-proofing your tax return
- How to help your accountant
Note: per the request of the presenter, this event will not be recorded and will not be available as a webinar.
Coffee and light refreshments will be served.
Maine Shafer, J.D., has over 15 years experience as a professional speaker, delivering tax reduction strategies on behalf of Bradford and Company, Inc. His strong background in taxes started when he worked on the staff of a US Senator while receiving his JD from Georgetown University Law Center. His tax education continued during his clerkship with the Chief Judge of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and while working as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico. Maine’s platform abilities have involved not only making tax information clear and usable, but also delivering sales and motivational speeches and programs throughout the Western US. as well as hosting a radio talk show.
Bradford and Company, Inc. provides expertise in tax reduction products and services for the self-employed, targeting the one-owner or husband-and-wife-owned business. Founded in 1989, Bradford and Company has since found billions of dollars in new deductions and cash savings for consultants and business owners. Bradford offers several services to their clients through training and newsletters.
SEMI, Milpitas, CA
673 S Milpitas Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
View Map & Directions